Open Position: Communications/Website Coordinator
Midwest Telegraph is looking for a Communications/Website Manager who is committed to supporting social justice work through media activism and community based education. The primary areas of focus is completing and managing the website and assisting with the newsletter editor and podcast producer.
This is an opportunity to share your passion for justice while helping to build an anti-racist independent media network. We are looking for someone with good editing skills and a politically astute outlook.
- Develop internet reach that produces vibrant interactive relationships with other media activists and social justice groups.
- Maintain a strong and inviting internet presence and decrease dependent on social media.
- Support and interface with the newsletter and podcast content and schedules.
- Network with like minded groups to build alliances and collaboration.
- Assist with recruitment of bloggers, writers, photographers, video, interviews and other content relevant to community issues, especially those related to amplifying the voices of marginalized communities
- Coordinate with podcast producer as needed.
Qualifications (And Aspirations!):
- Background in communications, journalism and/or community organizing
- Excellent editing, research and communication skills.
- Experience with Word Press or website building.
- Experience with social justice community, organizations or studies
- Great organization and time management skills
- Sense of humor
- Willingness to learn
- Enjoy working with diverse communities and perspectives
This is a temporary paid internship with potential for extension if funding permits. Part time position 15 to 20 hours/week. Can be done from remote location with occasional visits to Iowa City.
How to Apply:
To apply, send cover letter, two references and resume. Email: MidwestTelegraph@gmail.com. Address inquiries to: Midwest Telegraph Advisory